Complaints Procedure

In the event you find cause for complaint about our service or a member of our staff the following procedure should be followed. This will enable us to deal with your concerns as quickly and effectively as possible.


Please remember, it is your right to complain. It will not in any way endanger or jeopardise the service you are receiving from us.


Most concerns can be resolved quickly, so first of all please let us know there is a problem. You can do this by telephone on 07950 648301. The manager from Advance will meet with you to discuss the issue you have raised and in most cases will agree, with you, how the matter will be resolved.


If your concern cannot be resolved in this way, and you wish to make a complaint, please send it in writing to:


Advance Home Help and Support Services

349 Ordnance Road




How your complaint will be dealt with


  • On receiving your complaint, we will acknowledge it in writing within 7 working days and let you know who will be dealing with it.


  • We will carry out an investigation of your complaint, which may include us talking to you and any other people who are involved and looking at the records of the service provided to you. We will aim to complete the investigation within 28 days of receiving your complaint.


  •  If your complaint is about the management of Advance, we will arrange for someone from outside the company to undertake the investigation.


  •  During the course of the investigation, any support worker you have made a complaint about will not be assigned any further work with you and, depending on the nature of the complaint, may be suspended from work during the period of investigation.


  •  We will write to you to let you know our findings, the actions we have taken and proposals to resolve your complaint.


  • In the event of any specific allegations of abuse being made, the Care Quality Commission will be informed, in line with our Adult Safeguarding procedures.


Once you have received our response to your complaint, if you remain dissatisfied you can refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman's Service. The Ombudsman looks at complaints about adult social care providers such as Advance and you can get more information about the service they provide, and make a complaint online, at


You can also call the Ombudsman’s helpline between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, on 0300 061 0614, or write to the Ombudsman’s office at


The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry CV4 0EH

Fax: 024 7682 0001


Other organisations that may be able to help


Age UK Enfield Information, Advice & Advocacy Service offers an independent, confidential service for people over the age of 50 and their carers living in the London Borough of Enfield.


Age Concern Information, Advice & Advocacy Service

Vincent House
2E Nags Head Road



Telephone: 020 8375 4124


The Care Quality Commission is the registering authority for adult social care providers like Advance.


CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne


Telephone: 03000 616161
Fax: 03000 616171




Simply call us on:


020 8292 8009
07950 648 301 
07958 711 728


Or use our
contact form.

Social networking

Print Print | Sitemap
© Advance Home Help and Support Services